Friday 11 November 2011

Wooly Bully (Closed)



I could easily lose days in this delightful little cafe on Errol St. As well as a simple, tasty menu and a good cup of coffee, Wooly Bully sells rare and vintage records and comic books. Inside, the store is colourful, fun and charming, without being too much. The staff are super friendly and easygoing, but still attentive.



The menu is fitting, featuring bagels, hot rolls, nachos, and mac and cheese, with daily specials always on offer.  There are quite a few vegetarian options, and they're always happy to swap the cheese on most bagels to make them vegan. If you're lucky, they'll have their delicious, garlicky, vegan pesto in stock (it's not always available). They also do real chai tea, which is a huge plus for me!


On the day I had a film in my camera that produces contrasty and very saturated photos, with weird colours. While I've taken some great photos using it before, I guess it's not the best film for food photography! So, unfortunately on this visit I wasn't able to get a very good shot of the food, and the photo I've posted doesn't do the bagel much justice, even after some adjusting (the tomatoes look radioactive!). I'll be sure to go again with a better film next time.

With perfect music choices (as you would expect), and a welcoming and relaxed atmosphere, Wooly Bully is an fine place to spend a lazy Sunday morning.

Wooly Bully
104 Errol St, North Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment